This post is also available in: Français (French)
The Committee shall be responsible for matters relating to:
Develop Agriculture, Forestry, livestock and fisheries in order to:
- Ensure food security;
- Increase production and productivity in Agriculture, livestock, fisheries and forestry, and improve conditions of work and general employment opportunities in rural areas;
- Enhance agricultural, livestock and fisheries product by processing them locally.
Formulate, develop and harmonize policies to regulate the conservation, exploitation and management of water resources in the Sub-region.
Develop a common agricultural policy, especially in the fields of research, training, production, and preservation, processing and marketing of the products of agriculture, forestry, livestock and fisheries.
Environmental policy and environment protection, in particular:
- Air, soil and water pollution;
- Climate change;
- Import classification, packaging, labelling, transport, and use of dangerous substances and preparations;
- Treatment and storage of waste;
- International and regional measures and agreements aimed at protecting the environment.
- Protection of fauna and flora;
- Provisions of the law of the sea in respect of the environment;
- Soil protection and restoration;
- Exploitation and management of natural resources;
- Forestry development;
Harmonize policies and programmes in the field of Agriculture, Environment and Water Resources among Members States.
Veterinary legislation concerning protection against dangers to human health arising from bacteria and residues in animal products, public health checks on foodstuffs and food production systems.